It's been awhile since we last talked, but it's been with good reason: We've been heads-down getting ready for the launch of Collectivus. Fingers-crossed you'll see some of the things we've been working on and we hope you'll enjoy.
Our plan is to launch with some core features while we work on the next batch and use feedback to improve the experience. The feature set at launch is just a fraction of the big list that resides in what we call the "Manifesto." Starting off small also means that we'll be slowly inviting people to check out all the hub-bub. (Hopefully there's hub-bub.)
Those folks willing to spend their valuable online time with us trying out our application will then in turn, get to invite others in to check it all out. Very viral and trendsetting, right? Trust me, it'll make a lot more sense when we launch.
In the meantime, we've been thinking a lot about the names of things: groups, people, cocker spaniels. I once had all the computers in my house named after characters from Joss Whedon's "Firefly." True story.
Got any interesting names, nicknames, names in a group, names with pop culture significance? Some examples might be the names of Presidents or the names of the Brady Bunch kids. It doesn't have to be a list of names either. Could be the name of your cat, your grandmother, or that crazy uncle at the family picnic whose pants go up to his chest.
Got a suggestion? Drop us a line between now and Midnight Eastern on Monday, June 15th. If we like your name(s), we'll mail you an invite when we launch. Yes, this contest is not hard, creative or challenging. We simply didn't want to do the cryptic beta sign-up where you drop your email address into a black hole placeholder page then wait.
- Please include your real name and address -- Very helpful in contacting you with invite info.
- Use the CD Contact Form and select the "Collectivus: What's in a Name?" Subject option. (Hint: If the option is missing, you've missed the contest.)
- If you're on Twitter, please include your Twitter handle in the message body. "@yournamehere on Twitter" will be fine.
- In the message body, please include your suggested name or list of names and if there is one, what their relationship is to each other. For example: "Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, and Joey" would all be characters from "Friends."
- Submit the form. (This is probably an obvious step to you, but just in case.)
- Wait patiently until July to find out what the hell is going on. In the meantime, you can follow Collectivus on Twitter and you might just get additional updates, clues, and other ways to get a sneak peek.
Between your social networks, feedreader, and inappropriate emails from your co-workers, we know you have a lot of links zipping by you everyday. We appreciate you took the time to click the one that landed you here.
More updates soon. Promise.